Sunday, March 26, 2017

Who, What, Where, When, and Why

Who, What, Where, When, and Why
By Mary Lambert


Who gave you the right
To do this to me? To break my naive heart?
Who ever said
"It is better to haved loved and lost to have never loved at all."
I must say is not very smart.
What exactly
Am I holding on to? Am I so afraid to let go of?
What will heal
This broken heart?
You pushed me away with a shove.
Where do I go
When there is no place for me? When there is no me without you?
Where can I run
Since you left me here?
There is no place to run to.
When did you come
To the conclusion this would not work? To the fact that this must end?
When are you going to notice
I can not go on like this?
I have a heart I can not mend.
Why does it hurt so much
To know I can not have you? To know you do not care?
Why can I not realize
I need to get over you?
This pain is nothing I can bear.

No comments: