Wednesday, August 2, 2017

A Love Poem

A Love Poem
By George Watsky

I wish I could say that I love you with all of my heart, but the truth is I love you with all of my parts I love you with my big toe I love you with my elbow Shit, I love you with my earlobe I love you with my head Roses are red Violets are a blue-ish hue I like you one a level that two mammals under the influence of hormonal impulses can like each other when liking each other is a prerequisite for mating and further proliferating of species I’m a hopeless romantic, I know And I know that the answers are inside me- inside me but I have to ask Can inner children be removed by C-section, tortured for the answers? The thing is I smile when I remember the 12 year-old who prefaced every love poem with “When I was a kid…” And I love you with my bleeding heart I wanna know if this thing can fully un-glue ‘cause you have my atriums breaking in two breaking in new breaking in new heart And noose is not just a knot But you are just as art you lovely, ugly, stunning psycho I mean all breathing things will rot so allow me to decompose you a poem: Roses are red And lately I’m blue And lately I’m blooming I love… I love… I love… You know you’ve gone off the emo deep end when you can confuse last night’s poetry with One Direction lyrics But I love you with my hips And they don’t lie I mean, I really like you I mean, you are so fine I mean, girl what I’m trying to say here is that you had me at hell no And I love you with my heels I mean, for you I translated one of Shakespeare’s love sonnets into digital code It goes: 01010110 010110 01010110 010100 And that’s just paraphrasing This is a love poem to the one who always lets me back You see, I’ve been trying to find my place Walking these planks for a decade but if you ask me about my stage fright, I’ll tell you that it was disgusting But the frog in my throat ate the butterflies in my stomach I spit the frog out, took the leap and started trusting I’ve spent so much paper fitting verse to strange chorus I don’t know what I messed up first, my socials skills or the Rain Forest Dear Dictionary: I don’t wanna make out with you once in a while, I wanna roll you around in my mouth all day This is an open letter to the four-letter word and every one of its brothers and sisters I love you I love you I love you I love you Thank you for the memories It’s time to get to walking You’ve been right there for so long I’ll let you do the talking

No comments: